Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Yang Safia On Wednesday, October 17, 2012
The anime drought is over. After the endless series of badly made anime for the past few years, the second half of 2012 is looking pretty bright. I blame and thank my sister, Sabrina for reeling me back into the anime world. It is safe to say that good animes are making a comeback!

No more boring plots.

No more unnecessary monologues with the stupid metaphoric view on life.

NO MORE FANSERVICE!!

And the new trend that I notice about these new animes is that they tend to be more straightforward and quick. It seems the industry is finally acknowledging that the audience no longer have the same patience as they used to. For me, I'm getting old and don't have a lot of patience. I prefer my shows to be straight to the point. Often with Japanese animes, they tend to beat around the bush a lot and often the ending is always obscure. This is also one of the reasons why I don't watch anime as often. Even though these animes are fairly new, I don't think the creators are about to go down that road.


Title: Kamisama Hajimemashita
Synopsis: Girl is homeless. Girl saved a man who turned out to be a deity at a temple. Girl becomes the new deity and gets a super hot demon servant. 
Thoughts: The first episode made such a huge impact on me that it immediately became my no. 1 favourite right now. The second episode was somewhat a disappointment for me since I realized that the designers are being lazy with the animation. Hope this will improve. I love the humour and the show reminds me a bit of Ouran although that is still debatable. 

Title: Tonari no Koibutsu-kun
Synopsis: A studious girl got mixed in with the crazy Haru who refused to attend school. Turns out Haru is just a misunderstood guy who desperately wants friends. The two became friends and craziness ensues.
Thoughts: Endearing. That's what I would describe this anime. I thought I would be bored with this kind of anime but due to its straightforwardness it quickly reeled me back in. I thought the girl would have these annoying emo internal monologues but I like how how she thinks is an opposite of how she acts. Finally an anime that shows that. And the end of each episode tends to make me go awwwwwwwww. 



Title: Say I Love You
Synopsis: Girl has been a loner her whole life when the most popular guy in school takes notice of her.
Thoughts: Don't let the typical plot trick you. This is a surprisingly a funny anime that makes me go eeeeeeeeek!! Haha. I like the animation a lot and how the animators design their expressions. I find it very pretty. The girl is not super emo as I expect her to be and the guy is dreamy~




























Title: K
Synopsis: I don't really understand what's going on at the moment because it currently has 2 episodes.
Thoughts: Animation is superb. The characters look extremely badass and the world reminds me of Persona 3. It has potential to become one of those smart animes with plot twist and even though I don't quite get what is going on exactly, I'm still waiting to find out.





















Title: Arcana Famiglia
Synopsis: Girl is the heiress of a mafia(?) family that protects the island of Regalo. One day her father announces his decision to retire and holds a competition for the members to become the next leader. One of the rewards is her hand in marriage. Girl rebels and joins the competition.
Thoughts: Reminds me of Brave meets Katekyo Hitman Reborn with a touch of Soul Eater. My favourite character is Debito. That's the guy with the eye patch! I'm not super excited about the anime but it doesn't have any annoying qualities which makes it a pretty easygoing anime to watch.



























Title: Ristorante Paradiso
Synopsis: Nicolletta wants to reconnect with her estranged mother who marries an owner of an Italian restaurant. The restaurant is unique because it hires only good-looking middle aged men who wear glasses. She works as a kitchen helper there and falls in love with Claudio. Due to their huge age difference, Claudio is adamant of his feelings for Nicolletta despite of her advances.
Thoughts: I've watched this anime way back in 2010 but I want to include this anime into this post too. I find this anime very charming especially with its strong Italian references. It's very well made and I connect with each character. It doesn't help that I find Claudio extremely cute! Thanks to this anime, I find older men attractive! Hahahahaha! I don't think this anime is for everyone but if you want something that's more realistic with a dash of culture, then Ristorante Paradiso is for you. In my opinion, this anime is a work of art!


I watch all these animes at http://www.animefreak.tv/

0 comments: