Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Yang Safia On Monday, June 11, 2012



This house is actually the Faculty of Music. I'm always fascinated with this particular faculty because the atmosphere is always different. Instead of lugging books, you often see the students carry their music instruments instead. Back in Otago, I had the opportunity to have my tutorial in a room under the rehearsal studio. It's kind of nice to be able to listen to some music while studying. Haha.

Then we made our way to the registry building. Even though the exterior is really modern, the interior is quite Victorian. This is Alia and Ikmal attempted to do an artistic (?) shot in one of its hallways.



The University has its own Marae!! Too bad you can't go in unless its for a special event. I thought I was going to get lucky by catching a Haka performance or something!




We can only reach till this point only before the caretaker shooed us off! Haha! The locals are very protective of their Marae because to them is their sacred ground. In fact, you have to get invited to go in. 




I took this picture below because of its cute sign. Milk&Honey is one of the on-campus cafes that you can find in Victoria Uni.




I was really excited when we got here!!! It's their Uni bookstore!! It's very different from Otago's because of its modern interior. It feels somewhat magical but I like my Uni bookstore better!! 








Then we went to Cuba for a bit to do some thrifting. I didn't know thrifting can be difficult. Most of the time I tend to just give up because I couldn't stand the smell. I found some jeffrey campbell shoes but meh, I don't really care for them. It was fun seeing Ikmal went crazy though. He found two tops from Zara Men and Banana Republic for like $5.







This is the view from Ikmal's common room


For dinner we went to another Malaysian restaurant that's always packed. Luckily we managed to get a table and I got to enjoy my Chicken Rendang. Obviously it can't beat my mom's but this had to do for the time being!






Then we visited a music shop. Ikmal was telling how he wanted to buy more old records for decoration in his room and he got Alia interested so they went crazy. It was $1 each and they managed to find some really cool designs.




Ikmal posing with his new Banana Republic sweater. Haha!




After walking through some more shops, we finally met up with Nings and Tim for coffee and we stayed there till late pretty much. I can't remember the name of the cafe though but it was the only one not full.




On our last day at Wellington, Nings, Alia and I slept in and went to her local mall for lunch. We went back to pack some stuff and took the train to the city to have dinner with Tim. Apparently there was a game between two local rugby teams so the train was packed with game-goers. It was quite rowdy but the people still maintained nice. The two goofy guys behind us (of which I was a bit scared of to be honest) eventually gave up their seat to an old lady. I was um, quite surprised. Haha! I guess never judge a book by its cover!


They tried to photobomb us though!



Awesome Indian food!



The next day Alia and I had an early flight and when I reached home, I was down with some serious food poisoning. >_< I don't know why but I'm always sick after coming back from Wellington!



So that's pretty much about my Wellington trip!

PS: I sat for my first paper today and I think it was okay. One down, one more to go! :D

0 comments: