Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Yang Safia On Thursday, June 7, 2012























I don't have that many scanned photos of my young days but I guess this would suffice :)

Today I turned 22. I guess I'm at that age where I don't really get excited about birthdays anymore. Yes it's really fun and sweet when people celebrate you which I can never get tired of (since we're being honest) but I've started to treat my birthday as a recollection of my past age. Today I looked back to how I spent my life as 21 year old. I must say in retrospect, it was pretty awesome. I have no regrets. I survived through my second year in NZ, got to meet really amazing people, gained a new perspective about different types of people ( be it good or bad), did some pretty awesome/random shiz that I feel lucky to be doing at 21 and just to be surrounded with loved ones.

I got many sweet messages on FB and some of them really meant a lot because it was from people that I'm really close to and two of my friends dedicated this song to me, which got me listening to it the whole day.


By the way I got so many puns on my name today (Young and Yang) in the wishes that you just KNOW you're old now when people need to bust out the "young" jokes when they wish you happy birthday!

And so I close my 21st chapter and open a new one. May Allah bless and bring many more rezeki to this self. Amin!

0 comments: