Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Yang Safia On Wednesday, June 13, 2012
If you've been following my book reviews, you would start to notice that I have added a new rating called Obsession Rating. I bet all of you might be wondering what does it actually imply aside from the rating whether I'm obsessed with the book or not.

The Obsession Rating (OR) applies to a couple of things:

a) Sometimes the book can be quite a bad piece of work (ie: problems with author's style or plot structure) but for some odd reason that I cannot explain, I like it. My verdict rating could be low but my obsession rating could be higher because of this reason.

b) The OR also implies my engagement level with the book. For example, the book is sooo good that I could not put it down or it's so bad, I rather die than read it again. You will also come across to some situations where the book is a marvellous piece of work and I have acknowledge it but it's not enjoyable at all. This is one of the instances why I introduced the OR.

For instance: White Noise is a great piece of work because of how it impacted my view on death so I gave it 3 stars. But my OR could be 1 star because it is so boring.

c) This is simple. It rates my obsession level. It implies to whether I would create a shrine for this particular author/book/character. Like how I'm super obsessed with Legend of Korra or Legend of Aang. Their comic series are freaking mindblowing that I'm on the verge to start a fanclub already. I digress but you get my point. To differentiate my OR and my verdict rating is to say that the former is to rate how much I enjoyed the book while the latter is where I rate the book using my critical skills.


I know it looks complicated but give it a chance yeah?

0 comments: