Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Yang Safia On Sunday, October 17, 2010
I feel so bad for not giving attention to the blog lately. Well most of you would know why I'm so busy anyways. Finals are in a week and I AM FREAKING OUT! >_<

After our adventure in Fiordland, the three of us made our way to Queenstown the next day. It was Shaza's birthday so I made a special birthday call and later I called home just to tell the folks I'm alive and well. Pretty much I made all the necessary calls before "disappearing" again. (We don't get phone signals when we're on the road. What do you expect when left and right all you see are mountains!)

On the road again!



The journey took us about 3 hours and we decided to stop at Devil's Staircase for lunch. Since I was fasting, I pretty much slept throughout the journey. It was like snap a couple of pictures, sleep and snap and sleep.

Our ride!

Devil's Staircase is about 20minutes away from Queenstown and my god, the view is majestic. I don't know why they call it the Devil's Staircase because all I could see was mountains, high cliffs (maybe this is the D's staircase?) and blue/green ocean.

Before the two start eating lunch, we camwhored first.






I just realized that we didn't get any good shot of the scenery!! Arghh to busy camwhoring I guess.

A picture of the two before I doze off again. =_=


QUEENSTOWN BABY!! Again not what I expected. I thought it was going to be big but it's a town alright. I should seriously minimize my expectations for cities in New Zealand. They're just not that big.

Checked in at backpackers and we didn't waste anytime to tour the place! Besides, I was getting ravenous so we needed to find a place for iftar fast!
















So finally we decided on an Indian restaurant for iftar. One thing I notice about NZ is that most of its Indian restaurants are halal.

Seriously, don't travel during fasting. Not only you don't get to try out things, you don't even have the energy to be enthusiastic at times! Just look at my face. It just screams out RELIEF!



Afterwards we start to hunt for dessert. We went to this famous chocolate dessert place and my God, it was HEAVEN!

(I can just imagine my mum using this fact to berleter me why I'm so fat)


Rique thinking how to start.


I'm so full and I didn't get to finish my ice cream!






Walked around town some more to burn off the calories. Posed under this shop sign because we just have to! Pretty much described us girls perfectly! ;p





And then that's the end of Day 3!

To my parents: In my self defense, the reason why I look so big in these pictures is because I just happen to be with very small people. Therefore their smallness emphasize my bigness. And my face was swollen because I slept too much. :(

2 comments:

Rique K Swee said...

Hey Yang!! I nearly have that impulse to get a better camera. In fact recently I've been having lotsa impulse to get lotsa thgs. FML! -.-"

Thank gudness my conscience stopped me XD Needa save money! Well, I gtg study now. All the best to u eh!

Yang Safia said...

reeeeeeekay~! yeah lor. i oso feel i need a lot of stuff. in fact i cnt wait to move into my new flat coz then i get to decorate my room!! so many things to buy. hehe. rite now im soo stressed out studying for finals nxt week. honestly, i CANNOT wait for it to be over.

im my head im like, "cepat la , cepat la!"