Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Yang Safia On Thursday, July 1, 2010
Last night I had my good friends over for some nasi minyak and ayam masak merah. Well, basically the whole point of the gathering is to try out my mom's recipe for Nasi Minyak as Tim, Jie Ning, me and our other two friends are a part of the International Food Festival this coming July.

I had a bit of a scare when my halal chicken order arrived an hour before the guests arrived. After receiving the chicken, right away I started with ayam masak merah. But I guess I'm so used to cooking it that it doesn't faze me anymore. In fact, it was the best dish of the night! The nasi minyak tasted burnt because we decided to cook it in the pot as our rice cooker is too small to fit all of the ingredients. The bottom part of the rice was seriously burnt that it took me the whole day to kikis the remainders of it. So that's why it affected the taste of the rice. It was still edible though and from a foreigner's pov, Anna thought it tasted great. (=__=)

Sam told me it's not just enough to satisfy the locals, it's the Malaysian community we have to worry about. F-k small community drama. I hate all of this getting on your case drama. It's always not enough. Hello, we're in freaking New Zealand ok! If you want authentic Malaysian taste, go BACK TO MALAYSIA DIMWITS! There, I said it. :(

Sorry, I have zero tolerance to communal thinking. They're just stupid.

Boy, I need to vent huh? LOL

Anyways, I left Jie Ning with the camera that night so here are the pictures(!):

Yeah, I wore one of my baju raya for this year because Anna wanted to see what baju kurung looks like. She's a big fan of Sepet. (^__^)

Preparing the tumis for Nasi Minyak. Gotta chop them onions!




Nak jugak amik gambar ngan Kayu Manis and Bunga Lawang



One of my new friends of the night, Sam!


Kavitha and Anna with the finished product

Ahem, Jemput :)



They said I looked like one of those mothers dekat kenduri. Yknow, the ones busy barking orders to the children while at the same time, tries to layan all the guests.



Macam tgh gossip but actually tak la. :p



Prasan comel shot



Decent Shot : before watching Talentime


Indecent Shot


Tim who just got back from Malaysia like 2 days ago got me some food!!! Banana Chips and Durian dodol. Whoa, feel the love man~! He even got a shot of himself in front of Pyramid coz I said I miss Sunway Pyramid. Haha!





PS: Today, some old lady just farted in front of me while walking. O_O

0 comments: