Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Boy

Yang Safia On Monday, October 17, 2011
This is not the main poster but I just love Rocky so much!! He's too adorable!!


When Boy first came out last year, I didn't give it much thought because my friends described it as "THE KIWI MOVIE". I mean, how could I relate to a Kiwi movie?

Today I had to sit for my Theatre paper and I had to watch this movie again and again, to sort of do a close analysis on it. The usual. Anyway, Boy is such an endearing movie and I assure you it will touch your heart. I'm a fan of Taika Waititi now. He is like the Yasmin Ahmad for New Zealand. He's able to make something so culturally New Zealand but is able to attract a non-Kiwi viewer at the same time. Besides, he writes, directs and acts in the movie!

This video is one of my favourite scenes in the movie. I'm pretty for most people who has seen it, it is theirs too. Psst! Waititi is the guy who's wearing the MJ costume.

How can I not love this dance number? It has Haka and Michael Jackson in it!



I suggest you go check this movie out!



0 comments: