Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Yang Safia On Thursday, November 22, 2012
My video for my last book haul in New Zealand is up!





Here are the books that I was unable to include in the video:





These two books were a two for $10 so it was definitely a steal. I found a small room/alley way of books while exploring Wellington when I stumbled upon these two. The owner of this dodgy massage parlour was trying to get rid of his book collection. It was definitely an interesting experience while trying to buy these books.

The green hardcover is a history book recounting the life of Lucrezia Borgia. It was written by Alan Wykes. I have always been fascinated with the Italian renaissance and especially with the Borgias ever since I watched (note that I didn't say play because I suck at playing video games) Assassin Creed 2. I have the exact copy from the picture and judging from how it looks, it would have cost a lot. The second book is pretty self-explanatory. I can't find my exact version anywhere on the Web because it is really old. But the picture above is the closest to the one I have.

These two books belo I ordered through my UBS and I got a student discount plus no postage fee so it was definitely cheaper from their retail price:

I'm halfway through these two books and while I will try to refrain from giving a premature review, I have some troubling thoughts about these two. I wouldn't say you should straight away get these books but wait till my review and I will give you the full low-down once I'm done.





0 comments: