Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Yang Safia On Sunday, April 7, 2013
*wipes off cobwebs*

It's been awhile.

Actually I had the intention to write this massive life update, to make up for my previous (somewhat) depressing blogpost. I've been accumulating these weeks' worth of pictures and in a matter of seconds, they're all gone. So you might be thinking where I'm going with this but I've got a story. A lesson more like; for me to share with you.

I consider myself an optimist. I've always been positive on most occasions. I have to thank my time   in New Zealand for that because those 3 years cemented this skill inside me. Give me a bad situation and I can give you a positive perspective on that same bad situation.



Abrupt segue but this brings to my next point: I'm a firm believer in the law of attraction. I believe that the type of energy that you give off will attract the same type of outcomes. Meaning that if I give off positive vibes to the world, good things will naturally happen to me. And Alhamdulillah, things have been well!

Until yesterday...

Story Time!

Last Friday, I got overwhelmed when I found out that I'll be sitting for an interview with King's College next Friday. So much for a relaxing weekend I thought.

I woke up the next day pissed. I went to run on the treadmill pissed. I ate my breakfast pissed. You  get the picture. I wanted to study but things kept on popping up. Fast forward to 1PM, I found myself out of the house, in the car and on my way to a mall. I was getting further away from that day's goal.

My mom treated me to my favourite sushi place, only to get an allergy attack. My throat started to get itchy and I was getting cold sweat. Luckily my mom had some allergy pills on hand so I popped one and moved on.

The highlight of this story happened when we were about to go home. I decided to go last minute and seeing I was again, I put my handbag on the railing behind the toilet bowl, sloppily. My bag toppled over and of all things in my bag, my 3-month old S3 dived into the bowl. If it was a diving competition, my phone would've scored a perfect 10.

The level of anger and frustration that I felt were indescribable. I would've kicked the toilet door and smash the mirrors, if I could! But thank goodness I'm not that kind of angry.

On our way home, the weather was shit. My takeaway mango smoothie leaked in the plastic and it got all disgusting. I decided to go to Samsung Smart Care that night.

The trip to One Utama was another story. For some odd reason, we drove ourselves to Sunway Pyramid only to realize that we got the wrong mall and made our way to OU. Then we kept missing all the exits to the point we found ourselves in Kuala Lumpur. Fast forward to 9PM, I found myself running from One World Hotel to the New Wing. Got to the centre and received a number. There were 10 people before me and once it was my turn, I was off within a minute. They couldn't save my phone and on top of that, I lost ALL data. Apparently I forgot to back it up in my gmail account. The only thing that was intact was my phone number.

One conversation in the car:

Me: Today is a total nightmare. This goes to show that the negative energy you put out to the world will hit you back with full force.

Abah: Yeah la, you always unleash the anger in full force. *imitates me when I'm angry*

Me: Hey!! Cut me some slack! I'm positive 99% of the time but I'm human! I have my days when I just feel...grrrr!

Abah: Well today's mistake is an expensive one...

Me: KO'd

So one thing I learn is to spread out my negative energy. Don't keep them concentrated in one day because that's when you have to deal with a lot of SHIT. Obviously the ideal situation is to not be negative but I am human after all.

Onto something less serious: RECENT BOOK HAUL UPDATE!







Currently I'm just going through the Vampire Academy series. I should be done soon. :)

0 comments: