Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Yang Safia On Sunday, April 28, 2013

Working definitely changes the dynamics of my life. Gone were the days where I take lazy walks to  the mall, read and review a book or simply look at the falling leaves. Ref.: My life in New Zealand. But I'd be lying if I didn't expect my life to change once I start working. On a plus side, I love my job and I really can't complain despite having 90% of my time dedicated to it. I work full-time 4 times a week and I teach for 2-hours on Fridays. I'm about to start rehearsals on Saturdays so that's another 2-4 hours of my time taken away from my free time.

But how do I split time for myself, family and friends when work is all I do?

 My rationale to leading a balanced life is far from scientific. It is not about dividing equal time for every aspect of your life, it is spending that time at various degrees that you think is enough where you can be satisfied with.

For example, I would think it's enough to spend 30 minutes for myself where I just chillax and read a book whereas 2 hours is enough for me to spend time with my girlfriends. I am happy with that and I can go to bed content.

I really don't think there is a perfect math to this but the initial step must be for you to figure out what is important. Try not to waste your free time on things that you aren't happy with in the first place. Because at the end of the day, the ultimate goal is to be happy.

UPDATE: I've been devouring the Vampire Academy series during breakfast for the past few weeks now and I've reached the last book! Still uncertain as to whether I will be reviewing them because I really don't want to give away the ending. On a different note, I've received my reading list for my Masters from the Head of Programme and oh dearrr, it doesn't look easy.

0 comments: