Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Yang Safia On Sunday, October 26, 2008
I am in shock. I have never (ever!) accepted any of my friends' boyfriends but what happened today, changed it all. So let me start by telling you guys how my day started...

9.45am
Followed abah from behind as he led me to Bandar Sunway from Sg Buloh as our whole family decided to stay at our condo there and I had to go to college to meet my teammates to discuss bout my upcoming nuptials for families' class.

10.30am
Arrived at college. Headbangs to FOB in the car for a good 30mins as I was there early. Was getting a bit dizzy from the headbanging so went to the cafe to get myself some coffee. Then headed to room 316 and was about to scream when Christina emerged, carrying all her wedding stuff. Spent the whole time learning korean and teaching malay while waited for Andrew.

12.05pm
Andrew finally showed up, panting and repetitively said sorry (we promised to meet @ 11am). Nushie never showed up. Rehearsed for cpl of times till 1pm.

1.15pm
Found myself back in the car and called Hawa whether she's home or not. Thing is, last friday I went out and ate at Pizza Hut with syera and she said something how we all should meet her bf, Paul who is a f-kin german!!!!!! Lucky biatch. Well, this is expected of syera since she juz got back from america and how she's a part of AFS now and has a tv show and all (Road Trip USA @ 8TV). I want to heret Hawa along coz NO WAY I'm meeting my friend's bf and them being a cpl and im the third wheel. No way jose. Called hawa and drove to her house.

1.30pm
Arrived at Awe's house and lepak at her house for awhile and waited for Syera to come over so that all of us cud go n pick up Paul at the KTM station. Lepak for another half an hour b4 syera got a call frm Paul. Honestly, I was rly rly nervous coz...I mean, wat r u goin 2 talk about with a mat salleh? I had a gut feeling that it's goin to be sooooooooooooo akward. and i dun like akwardness.

2.20pm
Arrived at the KTM station. My nervousness affected my driving. Nuff said. Syera said, "Okay gals, juz look for a mat salleh." And he emerged. A tall lanky guy came out of the midst of malaysians and smiled warmly at Syera. He entered the car and I admit, I was kinda nervous but we all managed to say our heys. He was kinda quiet but I like him since he didnt say anything bout my driving. Okay, I did say... "Uh excuse the malaysian wit the bad driving skills." and he said, "It's okay. I'm used to it." Touche. Throughout the journey, I was crapping some stuff how he wont mind ait if we all talk in malay sometimes n he said he didnt as long as we dun say bad stuff bout him and i was complaining how i didnt like kopitiam food but we ended up there anyway since Syera said we should show the guy a piece of local zest or whatever. So we ended up eating our lunch at Old Town White Coffee House. Blargh.

2.45pm-4pm
People shamelessly ogled the couple, a malay girl wearing tudung holding hands with a mat salleh. Had to admit, it was kinda funny to see the shock in their faces. So we settled at our seats and ordered our food. Before the SILENCE descended on us, I--Yang being the outspoken one said, "Alright, I dun want us to be akward so Paul, what do you know bout me?" And the guy grinned, "well...the only stuff I know bout u is that you go to the same high school as syera and you guys like to talk dirty. practically all the stuff we talked about that nite in the conf." I laughed and said something like "sry i was bein bitchy that nite in the chatroom." Paul has brown-reddish hair and blue eyes and he wears glasses. Luckily the conversation flowed nicely for our first meeting and we made jokes...all four of us. We talked about how desperate Hawa and I are since we're single and seeing the two of them together is like UNFAIR. Syera said, "Basically, we're all juz picky girls...we dun want to settle with just a typical malay guy." Then we listed down why we hate malay guys to Paul who just like, "u guys r not setting a good example to me as a foreigner. in fact, u guys failed as a malaysians." Pfft. Neways, hawa said that she'll juz save herself for Japan and look for guys there but....WHAT ABOUT ME?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!!!!! tak pe la....couple je la wit some malay loser while my friends score with foreign guys.

After we ate, we sent Syera and Paul to the KTM station coz they are goin to meet Qi, the host of that tv show about somethin. Paul said somethin like, "we promised at 4pm but its okay, we just go there at 4.30pm coz we're in malaysia. malaysians r always late." I cant agree more. Then he said how Malaysian are sooooo good at making excuses why they're late. I agree on that too until the three of em pulled that on me, saying how im good at making excuses. Cet.

4pm-4.15pm
Said our goodbyes to the sickeningly(no lah, they're rly sweet) happy couple. All of us exchanged hugs and shiz. After they left, Hawe and I got into my car and the first thing Hawa said, "Man, we need to get ourselves some good guys." Then we both went to SACC and ate at Secret Recipe. Both of us beat ourselves ovr a piece of cake each and toasted to singlehood. Then we ponder over a good 2hours on why we failed to get good guys and have guys like us. I mean, we're not exactly butt-ugly girls and we've seen uglier girls have bfs, but why no guys? I mean, in my opinion...hawa is damn hot. but why? me? im not even hot but im not uglytothepointofpukingatthesiteofmyface-kinda girl. well, i dun think so. SO WHY?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Morale of the story: Kepada adik2 di luar sana, janganlah berangan tinggi utk kawen (or hook up) dgn mat salleh macam kakak2 yg terlibat dalam cerita ini. Kasihanilah lelaki2 melayu di luar sana. It's not their fault that they're lame. Ahem. Believe me, desperation is not the way to go!


PS: SYERA/PAUL, if you're reading this...HAPPY WISHES FROM ME AND I'LL BE LOOKING FORWARD ON RECEIVING A BEAUTIFUL WHITE LINEN(SCENTED) CARD INVITING ME TO UR NUPTIALS. I know it's still early but hell, u guys r one helluva couple!!!

0 comments: