Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Yang Safia On Sunday, November 2, 2008
Last wednesday I finally got married. Sorry for those who cannot come. I'll keep in mind that y'all will definitely be invited to my second one. Pinky promise. ;)

I guess I should start on how the day went. Firstly I was sort of on time (I took the stairs for God-knows-why on that day n my class is on the 3rd floor) and short of breath carrying all the shiz for my wedding. I was there waiting for the kids from previous to get out with Nushie and Christina until I realized that I left the candles in my car. Note: The season parking place is quite a walk from college n my program has this thing about students being on time and all....and I have roughly 5minutes till my class starts. God knows I ran the fastest in my whole life that day...I even thought I lost 7kgs (I'm exaggeratin, I know). I also like to point out that in college, I ran a LOT MORE compared back in high school. Anyways, ran back to mah car and btw, the day was blazing hot. Idk whats with Malaysia's wheather these days...it's friggin hot. And I ran back to college and bumped with Saheed and Andrew (who was down in his priest get-up) on my way up the stairs. While I felt like fainting from the heat and short out of breath, i had to convince Saheed that he is INDEED my best man. Luckily he didnt say much and was being such a good boy. Pfft.

When we entered the class, the other group who were doing the Japanese wedding were getting ready and it took em awhile to put on the kimonos. I went to the back of the class where my team was waiting for me n for some odd reason, they were all MIGHTY nervous. I dunno why, it's not like we're getting married for real. Sheesh. I only cared about the AC of which DID NOT WORK PROPERLY OF ALL DAYS! IT WAS SOOOOOOOO HOT! Pelland was already ready with his camera and we kinda pissed him off with the whole waiting thing.


The Japanese wedding went on first....it was okay...Andrew was clutching my arm the whole time (FYI, I'm friggin hot...I needed some space) saying stuff like "Do you think ours will be okay?" or "Dude, wat if I fucked up sooo bad?" or "God I'm so nervous". And he had the nerve to ask, "Yang, are you red because you're nervous or you're hot?" As if I'm fanning myself with my hand didnt give him any indication.


t's kinda ironic that Andrew is freaking out and the fact that he's not the one whose getting married...so yeah.


Our wedding was prolly the most awesome-est coz we have the atmostphere thing down. We turned off the lights and we had many little candles all ovr the class to create a romantic atmostphere. *sighs* If only I'm marrying an actual guy...




*This is the time when Andrew was introducing all of us to the class and the roles we're going to play. For those who didnt know, I'm the groom. =__=


Theres a lot of bidan terjuns in my wedding like Ken for example is the ring bearer, Joe as the father of the bride and Saheed as mah best man.

*This is the time when the bride walks down the aisle. We have the whole anthem down to pat. Front: Ken as ring bearer and Nushie as the flower girl. At the back you can see Christina as my bride and Joe as the father of the bride.

*Thats me, Saheed and Christina. Listening to Andrew preached some bull we made up for the wedding.

*Andrew with a real Holy Bible he borrowed from his friend's dad who is a pastor. Nushie smiling excitedly and Ken looking a bit freakeh with his glowing eyes.





*This is when I was saying my vows to Christina.

*"You may kiss the bride!" said Andrew. I didnt kiss Christina of coz! Note: My face was red. I was THAT HOT.


*Saheed, as my best man gave his wedding toast speech. Minum Ribena Sparkling pon jadi lah.


Then we had the father-daughter dance and I danced with Saheed. I suck at slow dancing but luckily Saheed improvised and we did a funny dance while Joe n Christina danced. Then theres the couple dance and Christina&I danced to Teddy Geiger-For you I will. We had so much fun!


At the end, Andrew whispered to me; "OURS THE BEST AIT? SO MUCH BETTER THAN OTHER TEAMS AIT? RIGHT? RIGHT?" I didnt wan to admit it that time but now...we pretty much rocked alrite. *grins*


We had other weddings such as Korean, Scottish and African wedding. I love the African one since the food was awesome! I had like 2 servings of chicken liver with crushed rice (this is like the nasi minyak for african weddings la n the fact Laurent cooked it that morning, wah sooo sedap).
*Korean wedding. Theres a lot of soju drinking and bowing. Here, we see Tsung (china) as the groom and Lee Wen(Taiwan) as the bride.


*Scottish wedding team. Nita looked absolutely FAB in her dress and Joe and Saheed looked smexy in skirs. LOL Sharlinie looked cute as the bridesmaid.


*The African wedding team. From left; Rini as the bride's mom, Ken as the groom, Mahesh as the bride and Laurent as the groom's mom.


*Me n Mahesh. Look at meh, devouring my second serving of African food.
Overall it was great fun! But believe me, getting ready for this is one helluva ride!!! '
Till then,
Peace.

2 comments:

anom said...

So Safia, what did the lecturer say ? What marks did you get ?

Yang Safia said...

he was camwhoring the whole time. take pics here n there. he asked tho why i chose teddy geiger song. n im like, "uhh...it sounds nice?"

n he said no, its supposed to be the couple song!

but the thing is...im not really in love wit my bride pon n i was doin the whole wth face la.

overall, dapat 12/15 =__=

he knows a lot bout my wedding sbb culture dia kan.