Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Yang Safia On Monday, December 26, 2011

I know I'm late. WM is not exactly new but it seems I'm the only person who has yet to check out the cupcakes (and more importantly, their coffee). And so last weekend (after a wedding if you read my previous post) my friends and I decided to pop in for some cuppies! We went to their Damansara branch.

Part of WM's charm is its cute vintage interior. It has a relaxing ambiance which makes it perfect for a hangout with close friends. While everything is immaculate, I cannot help but find this place a bit similar to this cafe I love back in Dunedin called Modaks. Although the decorations are more put together than Modaks. After all, I doubt Malaysians would appreciate a messy (although in my opinion, artsy) cafe!

















I decided to try the rainbow coloured cupcake. Nice. 
I can just feel how it goes straight to my waist with each bite I take.




I went with my usual order. A cup of Mocha. Price wise, WM is extremely pricey. As I was ordering, an accountant (Shaza) and an actuarist (Shira) were discussing how much profit WM is making with just their cupcakes. Now, I don't understand financial talk but I heard something about a 300% profit? I might hear wrong but conclusion, very pricey.

The mocha is extremely delicious. Maybe it's the chocolate they use because you can really taste the chocolate. As for the coffee, not so much. Also the consistency is not really thick so it should be nice for some people. I particularly like this mocha. 

So that's two great Mochas in Malaysia! :D

A cup of mocha will set you back around RM4.50. Not so bad if you think about it. It can be considered luxury coffee so for this price, I guess it's not that bad.

My only complaint about WM aside from its price would be the portion. I find it a tad...small. Sometimes you will find yourself paying a ridiculous amount for something that is very little (or overly hyped) and the product will not be up to your expectation. So a heads up for interested WM customers.  Like for example, Shira ordered an Irish Cream milk and it costs her such damage that it got her complaining and the thing tasted like ordinary milk.



I tasted Sara's Iced Long Black and it's pretty good. A bit strong for me but I know many caffeine addicts who would just ENJOY it.









Datin Sara. 

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :P

V
V
V








Wondermilk is definitely one of the unique cafes you can find in KL. My overall judgement on the food and coffee is that it is delicious but nothing special. I guess it's more famous for its beautiful decor and chill ambiance and coupled that with our fascination with cute vintage things...you will get a successful cafe! An extremely well thought out concept but you might find yourself going there just for the hype.

1 comments:

arissarose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.