Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

24!

Yang Safia On Saturday, July 5, 2014
I can't believe I'm 24 already. It felt like it was just yesterday when I was chilling at my flat in Toroa, youtubing a Big Bang concert when the clock turned midnight and I turned 20. Usually birthdays for me are very low-key affairs. After living in NZ by myself, birthday celebrations were almost non-existent so this year's was really fun and memorable. Ever since I came back, I feel so blessed to meet so many new people who are nothing but amazing.

How this whole birthday celebration came about was my collabs' doing. Yi-Yang asked what my plans were for my birthday and I said that I was looking forward to spend a whole day in bed and sleep. He was like, "No, that can't happen. We're throwing you a birthday party." I found the idea quite embarrassing (Ok, I felt very paiseh la) at first but I got excited quite quickly after that. I've already had plans to travel two days before my birthday so to have that party to look forward to on top of travelling was too exciting!


I arrived to the party with 90s boy band playing in the background and a group of friendly faces all setting up the food. I wanted it to be a potluck so I made some pasta. It has been awhile since I cooked so that caused me a lot of stress. Rachel saw that my energy was depleting fast so she quickly got me coffee. Haha! Got to love that woman.


Rachel brought her bestfriend, Evelyn and she gave me these red eggs as a present. Apparently it's a tradition in her family to give hard-boiled red eggs on birthdays. It was all too sweet of her really because I just met her!













Step-by-step process of eating a hard-boiled egg


I adore this woman. Rachel and I first met at a TFM buka puasa event exactly a year ago and we were fast friends. Since we travelled together a few days after this party, it is safe to say that this girl is definitely one of the best travel partners I've ever had!








Obligatory Yangs picture! It was really sweet of Yang and his family to open their home to us.


Alia the Mak Cik!




I don't even care if I look chubby in this picture. This is love!



These two were responsible for most of the laughter that night! These guys are too funny!





Obviously I had to have my childhood friends at the party!



TFM Fellows/Family







If you can't tell by now, it was a Shakespearean-themed birthday party.










Possibly my favourite picture of the night. These girls have been through different chapters of my life and still remain in my life until today. Aside from my family, I am who I am today because of their friendship.








"Feed the boys!", they said.




After eating, we played some party games. This picture below was the last game we played which was Mafia.































Personally...I feel that I grew the most as a person this year. I feel so blessed to be able to go on this journey and learn so much about my country and life in general. Yes, I still have my insecurities about the future (who doesn't?) but honestly I have nothing but excitement for what life is going to throw at me. Here's to turning 24!

0 comments: