Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Yang Safia On Thursday, August 16, 2012

I'm not really lazy like physically but in my mind, I'm feeling so....lazy right now. I'm currently studying for my Greek Mythology test that's like a week away (and on top of that, I have two journals due) but I've got no juice bro. Maybe because Eid is three days away (it's either Sunday or Monday for NZ) so naturally my festivities mood kicked in. Thursdays are usually a pretty chill day for me but I spent the whole day today studying for my test. I was quite...proud of myself to be honest. Aside from being super productive, I was literally like falling asleep on the desk at the computer lab. Ahh the joy of using MAC monitors. I'm starting to see the beauty of Apple. The screen so big and everything looks so clear. Although I need to get used to the keyboard though; quite difficult to type with. Maybe I'm just not used to it. Gosh I'm feeling so lazy.

I texted my mum (since I haven't heard from her like agessss! >> I think it may be because it's my last semester but I RARELY call my family these days. Sometimes I'd like to think that I've fallen under their radar for a bit and wait for them to notice whether I'm gone or not. I actually find it quite rebellious. :P) to ask her what's up and what are the fam's Eid plans. Turned out that they're leaving for Terengganu tomorrow!! I was like, "Whaaaaaat? Why so fast?!" And she was like, "Safia what are you talking about? Eid is this Sunday!" And I was like, "Whaaaaat?!!" So yes, there you have it. I call it TINZ. I've talked about TINZ before in this blog waaay back in 2010. It stands for THIS IS NEW ZEALAND. It basically means things that only happen to me in NZ. So in this case, it is only in NZ that I will forget about Eid. I tend to lose track of time and even right now, I'm quite shocked that Ramadhan went by so fast!

So now I'm thinking what the hell am I doing for Eid.

I have two possible plans:

a) If Eid were to fall on Sunday, I'll sleepover at Alia's place on Saturday and have a cook-out with her.
b) If Eid were to fall on Monday, well...I go to class.

So yeah, so far not looking so good since a lot of people here say that Eid is going to fall on Monday.

Aiyoo.

So right, after finding my family's plans for Eid I packed my stuff and headed back to the flat. I was really really sleepy at this point. Got home and took a nap. Pretty darn good nap I must say because I'm staying up right now and it's almost 2AM...and I'm writing this post. Doesn't get much better than this. Heh.


I don't know if I'm becoming more douche-ier lately but I'm starting to appreciate these modernist works. I guess after being bombarded with modernist artworks and literary works you tend to start having an appreciation of them. Just a couple months ago, I drew the line to modernism because that period is just too...psycho for me. If you're still unsure what I'm talking about, think Picasso. For the untrained mind, his works are just indigestible. And I'm totally with you but these classes are slowly changing my mind. I will still say this though, I still don't have the stomach for the artworks and modernist novels, but man...the poems are something else. Maybe because it's short and it's like a bite size of this genre...maybe that's why I can handle it.

For example, in my Digital Literature class we had to dissect this poem: The Last Day of Betty Nkomo.
Check it out here: http://www.yhchang.com/BETTY_NKOMO.html (CAUTION: FLASHING IMAGES AHEAD!! MAY CAUSE EXTREME HEADACHES!) Also if you want to see it again, just simply refresh the page.

So yeah, that's a taste of what I had to deal with in class everyday.

If you don't get it...well, you don't get it. But that's okay. Because chances are, that's the whole point.

How's that for you to comprehend everyday?

To spend a whole lecture on one thing and to think so hard about it and only to have the lecturer tell you that the whole point of it all is to accept that you don't get it.

Yeah, I feel like pointing a gun to my head too.

Only sometimes. ;)


Which brings me to my next point. Trust me, this rant actually has a flow. How cool is Rowling's new bookcover? I see a lot of people complain about it being too plain. I actually think it delivers the message quite successfully. After rereading the synopsis, I'm actually quite excited to read it. I wonder what sort of chaos is going to unfold! This is why I'm starting to think my douche-ness is about to come out. I'm able to look at this and think critically about it.


I'm not sure whether I like how I'm turning out!!!


Selamat Hari Raya everyone!! Maaf Zahir dan Batin!

0 comments: