Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Yang Safia On Sunday, August 19, 2012
It has been three years that I have celebrated Raya (Eid) in New Zealand. The past two Rayas had been really low-key for me. Heck, last year I spent my Raya skiing in the mountains! So yeah, not exactly conventional. But this year my friends and I decided to go with a bang! It is my last Raya after all!!

The night before Raya, I spent making Chocolate Chip and Hazelnut cookies at Alia's place. She baked her favourite corn flake cookies. I'm proud to say it was amazzzzziiiing! We finished baking at around 2AM and we went to send some to our friends at Nesli. A Turkish place which has become our usual hangout.








LOOK MAMA I BAKE!!!

As per tradition, it is common to visit one's relatives and friends during Eid. And that's what we did. But before we start, Alia and I decided to do some corny shots at LEAST once. After all, it is our last raya!!

Obligatory International Students Eid Shot in front of Otago's Clocktower!




Our first house visit is at our good friend, Zaini's place. FIRST ROUND OF FOOD COMMENCED!


 Us with the host, Zaini. He cooked ALL THE YUMMY FOOD! D: Raya food should be a sin! THEY'RE TOO GOOD!







We call ourselves The Usual Four. I constantly hang out with these people.







Our second house visit is to Rasyid's house! We see more familiar faces for the first (or second) time of the day!! SECOND ROUND OF FOOD COMMENCED!




These two guys are the life of the party. They're too funny to the point my stomach hurt!






I look too happy with food. My most genuine face! Haha!






DIIIIVA SANGAT!




Us with Rasyid, the host!


These following pictures are of the cutest 3 year old I've ever met!!! ADAM!!!





The thrill of Raya is to walk around with a group of friends to people's houses. Which is what we did! This is us walking to the third house of the day!




WALKING!!

This is us at the third house. Kak Linda and her husband just moved to NZ about two weeks ago so we decided to drop by to lighten the mood!






Aaaaaaand then this was us at the last house of the day. At this point I was really full and tired! Uncle Rahman and Auntie Kay were nice enough to invite us to their house for...you guessed it, MOAR FOOD!











And that was how my Raya went! It was amazing! We will be having our official Raya celebration a week from now where I will be emcee-ing the event! Looking forward to that! :D HAPPY EID MUBARAK TO ALL MY MUSLIM FRIENDS!! 

0 comments: