Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Yang Safia On Sunday, April 10, 2011
Last Saturday, I went on a farm trip (organized by OMSA) all the way in Milton. That's about a 45 minute drive from Dunedin. I was supposed to study for my midterms but then again, I thought that I needed the time off from the work and when again will I get the chance to visit a farm anyway? For the price of $30?

It was an impromptu and I guess it was worth it. Y'all know I'm not the most nature-lovin' kinda girl so yeah...most of the time, I just didn't know what to do with myself. Haha.


Me and Alia on the way to Glenedi Farm

The farm is owned by this Swiss couple, Thomas and Regula. Very very nice people. I managed to talk a bit with Thomas and we were talking about the difference between Swiss-German and German. Yeah, linguistic stuff. I'll spare you the details. :P

Fun Fact! Glenedi Farm is about 1700 acres. SO FREAKING BIG!! They're an animal farm and specializes in wool. But they also have cattles and deers.







Sheep shearing demonstration.


Wool. I think these are the rejected ones. They smell btw. D:
Jin Lin!


Sheeps waiting to be sheared.

Apparently sheeps are sheared once a year. Based on my understanding, they will either sheared a bit of the wool in the middle of the year and shear the rest of it at the end of the year. To make profit of course.



Majestic view of the farm


Me and Hafiz


Saila and Shiou Yii!


OMSA committee picture
It's kind of sad how much of my life revolves so much around OMSA. :/



From left: Li Ling, Alia and Me



Meet Azrin. He's my costume designer for the play I'm directing. It was so funny how he and Alia were conducting their own photo shoot ala ANTM around the farm.



Regula and Thomas were too nice to let us use their house's toilet. Ever wondered what a farmer's house looks like?

Kitchen

Living Room

Some cattle


A bunch of wild deers





Alia: Yang I didn't know these farmers are so rich!
Me: What made you say that?
Alia: I used Regula's toilet and she uses Estee Lauder make up!
Me: Haha. What do you expect? Just because she wears gumboots and dirty clothes all the time doesnt deter you from the fact that she owns 1700 acres of land.
Alia: She's...rich. Whoa.


Do you snoop? :P

0 comments: