Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Yang Safia On Saturday, July 21, 2012
My friends came to New Zealand periodically because their exams are all a week apart. Shaza was the first one to arrive so we decided to spend about a week at Queenstown. We took a bus there and it was about 4 hours. Mind you, at the time it was really really cold. Shaza pretty much got to experience the worst of Dunedin winter. I was really cold myself!




The familiar view as you're approaching Queenstown

We stayed at Nomads Backpackers and omg it was comfortable!! Personally I'd like to say that backpackers are not usually the place you would go with your family since most guests there are young people and they can be really rowdy. Shaza and I opted for an ensuite master bedroom because it is a safer option and the floor is quiet. 



After dumping our bags, I quickly brought Shaza to this awesome stall where they sell fresh seafood. Now I'm not a fan of fish and chips but THEIR'S IS TOO GOOD!!!




Fresh steamed mussels!!! YUMS!!!

We had an early night that night because the next day, we went BUNGEE JUMPING!!!! I was really nervous but once I got to check-in, I think the adrenaline sort of kicked in.




Drama Queen




We took a bus to go up to the private site where we'll jump. The view was breathtaking and throughout the ride, they put on some adrenaline pumping music so that we wouldn't get nervous as much. Seriously, AJ Hackett is like the best company to go bungee jumping with because they are really careful with you. Everyone's a professional. Not surprising that they're the best seeing that they're the ones who pioneered bungee jumping!



Look at my face. I'm smiling but you can clearly see the fear in my eyes. This was taken moments before I jumped.





ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGH!!! 

Shaza and I were extremely high after our jump. The pictures below were taken outside the centre, before our ride down back to town.







After our bungee jump, we decided to have lunch and explore the town.














That night again we decided to sleep early because the next day we went on the Lord of the Rings tour!! Our session was so early that it was literally right after subuh. I couldn't sleep much the night before because I was so nervous of my results since it came out that very day.










Videos explaining the movie sites will be up soon. My favourite part of the tour was definitely when we were having tea in Lothlorien. We were even given some actual movie props to camwhore with! It was sooo cold in the forest. I couldn't even feel my feet! It was -7 degrees!!









The props were surprisingly heavy!! It was like they're real weapons!












Well the pictures are up till here. Shaza was in charge of the pictures while I'm the video person. Judging from the abrupt ending of the pics shows that nothing interesting happened after this. Queenstown is a really small place so we got bored quickly. It was fun travelling with Shaza but at the end, we were quite anxious to get back to Dunedin!

0 comments: