Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Yang Safia On Thursday, August 2, 2012
Okay so I don't know how I should organize these posts about my friends' trip to New Zealand. There's so many pictures and I'm too busy to go through them one by one. A pictorial post again but this will cover all pictures from Hawa's camera. If you can't be bothered to follow my chronological update of the whole trip (because it's going to take awhile), just use this pictures as a summary of our trip!


Me and Hawa at some random field with sheeps!







I love this candid picture of us. Hawa was trying to set up the camera so we could take a group photo. I love how Sara was eternally bored, I don't know why I was scrunching my face like that and Shaza looked like as if she was doing a photoshoot with the wind in her hair. 






Homemade Malaysian Dinner. So. Nice! At this point, you must have realized that I don't cook. I mean I cook but I just really don't like it. SO when the girls came over, I was soooo happy. Because they LOVE to cook and I LOVE to eat! 

 So you see how this system works. I can proudly say that the four of us can live together. They just GET me and well, I get them. (=_=)

















From this point onwards, I have become a victim of vandalism.







Best breakfast ever! Toasted bagel with smoked salmon, cream cheese and salad. I realized it's one of those fulfilling breakfasts that just sits well in your tummy throughout the day. I'm not much of a breakfast person but during the first week of class, I was feeling really lethargic. I was complaining to Hawa and she was like, "You have to eat breakfast!! How are you going to focus in class?!" Then she dragged me to Good Earth. Well she didn't do much dragging when you have a willing...victim? Haha.


I had my head out of the window on most of the time we were driving because I was carsick. Yes, I'm a victim of severe motion sickness. Put me on any vehicle, I get sick. 







Their last week in NZ was my first week of class. I was not a happy trooper. This was taken at Poppa's Pizza, a famous student pizza place that sort of came with the Uni. Seriously good pizza. It's not Italian authentic but more like Scarfie authentic. A must for everyone visiting Dunedin.



Sara with the Capers sign. Capers is a local breakfast place here in Dunedin. It's like their mamak and it is sooo busy on weekend mornings. They serve the best gourmet pancakes in town. 



Um yea. Caught devouring my Angus's Minty Lamb Burger.





The big open road.

I remember this one funny conversation we had in the car. We were on our way home from one of our roadtrips. You kind of need to know us to get the joke but for my family, you guys prolly get this. So there we were in the car and Hawa was pretty much out cold. Sara was driving, I was kind of semi-concious and Shaza was texting.

Okay so when you're on the big open road in New Zealand, it's very hard to get phone signals. And Shaza discovered that her dad's text got through to her.

Shaza: Sara! Papa sent us a message!! *excited*
Sara: Huh...what did he say? *in her usual bored tone*
Shaza: Just asking how we were...hmm...oh he asked why I didn't tell him that I went bungee jumping. He said he found out from Mior from work.
Sara: Who's Mior?
Shaza: I don't know...I don't think we've met a Mior before...
Sara: Familiar though....
Me: *kind of concious* Mior...? Could it be my dad?

*A-ha moment for the sisters*

Shaza: Laaaaa!!! Made sense! I forgot that our fathers work at the same place!

It's true though. That's how small the world is sometimes. The sisters and I have been friends since elementary and we just found out that a couple years ago that our dads are actually colleagues at work.





A cool somewhat candid shot of Sara. She looked real trippy.





Nom-ming Japanese goodies that Hawa brought in the car. When you're tired of camwhoring, you eat. Simple rules that we live by while travelling. Haha.




Looking at this picture, I can't help but look at my shoes. How I miss them. They finally died on me a week after the girls left. They're the most comfortable walking shoes I've ever had in my whole life. Since I walk a lot here, shoes tend to die on me. I've been trying to look for similar shoes but I can't find them anywhere!! I have scoliosis and as I aged (haha, macam la tua sangat!) I realized what good shoes can do to me and my back. 



Sara looking very pretty.




At this point you guys must have noticed that these pictures are NOT in order. Well, this beautiful lamb steak with mushroom sauce is the best steak I've eaten in my life. Sara and Shaza made them on the night Hawa arrived. Heaven!!! 

I eat so well when they're here...now I'm back to my pasta and toast routine.





The point of this picture is Shaza. This was candid by the way. We were so overtaken by the beautiful sight that we HAD to take a picture. But the wind was so strong and thus, Shaza's face happened. A gust of wind just hit us in the face when this was taken. 



Introduced them to Rob Roy ice-cream. The bestest and cheapest ice-cream you'll ever have!!








I'll end this post with the picture of the four (yes, four. Because that green dot you see behind us is Sara) of us. She just couldn't be bothered to climb all the way to the top of Baldwin Street.


1 comments:

HaaL said...

aaah good times :')