Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Yang Safia On Monday, December 17, 2012
This is a documentation of how my last day in Dunedin went:

3AM-7AM: I woke up for Subuh prayer and then fell right back to sleep. I had my alarm set to 8.30AM because I had to get ready to return the car to the rental place. Went in and out of sleep due to some horrible nightmare that I won't make it to watch The Hobbit. Hmm...

7.15AM: Decided to wake up because I saw no point in sleeping seeing I was wide awake. Found that my dad was already up. Milled around the flat before deciding to eat a Brunch bar.

7.30AM-8.30AM: Showered and dressed. Really took my time to be honest.

8.30AM-9.15AM: Chillaxing with the family.

9.15AM-10AM: Drove out with my dad to Countdown to find some breakfast, filled the gas and returned the car to the rental place.

10-11AM: Dad and I decided to walk to Scribes and I wanted to say goodbye to the shopkeeper/friend of mine. He gave me Orlando Furioso as a graduation gift, I made a point to visit Scribes and it felt good because it felt like I had closure. 

11.10AM: Arrived at the flat and waited for the rest of the family to get ready. Namely Adam...*glares*

12PM: Finally got out of the house and we all walked to the bank so that I could close down my account.

12.20PM-12.50PM: Bank matters resolved and we all made way to the new Meridian food court to have lunch. In between that, I accompanied my dad to buy an extra bag for our return trip home. Too many stuff! I tried to really take the whole of George Street in! After all, aside from uni that is where I spent most of time at!

1.00PM: We arrived at Hoyts just in time for our The Hobbit show at 1.15PM.

1.15PM-4.30PM: The Hobbit was alright. I think it was way overhyped in New Zealand and everyone was claiming how good it was that...I had high expectations. Lee Pace was amazing in those 5 seconds that he had. Haha! It was really slow for me at the start but it got quite fun at the end. It was weird that I recognized most of the site locations in the movie so maybe the WOW factor wasn't quite there for me. On a different note, I noticed that everytime I am about to go through a major life change or just moving from one place to the other, I always watch a movie before my move! Weird!

4.45PM-5.00PM: Went to make reservations at Jitsu for my appointed dinner with my remaining friends in Dunners. And the my family and I returned to the flat. Oh, I stopped by Glassons (my favourite shop!) just to sort of say goodbye to all the wonderful clothes! Haha!

6.00PM-8.00PM: Hung out with Jeff, Fadzrel and Zaini. My last dinner in Dunedin was spent at The Jitsu. One of my favourite Japanese restaurants here. 


8.15PM: Walked to Zaini's to pick up the Otago hoodies I got for my sisters. Later, Fadzrel and Zaini walked me to the flat.

8.30PM-10.30PM: Zaini and Fadzrel hung out with the rest of the family. They left and I showered and started packing.

Now PM: I'm writing this blogpost with Adam hovering next to me which is really annoying. Although the day seemed really simple but it described my life in Dunedin really well. Simple. My time here was amazing and I am blessed to be able to meet so many people and learn to live life with such a balanced outlook on how to approach my life. 

Alhamdulillah to my time here in Dunedin and Bismillahirrahmanirahim to this new chapter that I am about to start!

0 comments: