Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Yang Safia On Saturday, December 8, 2012
This movie is so good that I'm writing this down as soon as I hit the credits. Two words. Freaking Brilliant! I would sort of provide a summary for you but I would recommend to just wing it. Do it like me. I didn't know what it was about when I gave it a go. I LOVE IT. I'm a big fan of Hayao Miyazaki and the art style in this movie is similar to Studio Ghibli but the theme and focus are none like the Ghibli films. I'm seriously crushing on the animator/director of this film right now and I am for surely going to immerse myself in his other works. Too bad that he has passed away so there will be no future works that I can look forward to. Note that he was also the director for Summer Wars and if you have been following this blog, you would realize that I have mentioned that it was one of my favourite films in my Favourites of the Month post.

Why I like the movie:
a) Attention to detail that you can only find in Japanese animation. Especially from Mamoru Hosoda and Hayao Miyazaki. Heck, I think these two are the only ones who managed to achieve this ability in animation.
b) Simple but hugely profound plot.
c) Made me realize why I keep on watching anime. And why I love to write and direct. This film inspires me.

Watch the full film here:

0 comments: