Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Yang Safia On Tuesday, July 2, 2013
It's been a long while. Hello. I'm not going to waste time explaining why I've been absent as of late so I'm just going to jump right into it. (Man it feels so good to write....so good!)

Throughout my internship at Teach For Malaysia, I actually volunteered to work at Kuala Lumpur Performing Arts Centre on weekends. I helped Mark De Silva, a Malaysian playwright, with his children cast over the weekends. Long story short, I ended helping him manage the kids' section of the performance for the Child Aid Asia (CAA) event in late May.

CAA is an annual charity event where all proceeds will go to an Arts scholarship for underprivileged children. It is a collaboration between Japan, Malaysia and Singapore so naturally, all performers are from those 3 countries. It was Malaysia's turn to host CAA so they had it at KLPAC.

Aside from my experiences in New Zealand, I've never been a part of a professional production before. So it was a huge honour to just observe everything and helped out in any way I can.

One of the biggest highlights for me was definitely meeting Dato Faridah Merican, a Malaysian theatre icon. I introduced myself and we talked for a bit. A woman with a strong presence, I hope one day I can be like her. Or better. :D

The Actor's Studio Children Ensemble. Incredibly talented kids!


Warm up session before the rehearsal.





The Set Up











0 comments: