Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Yang Safia On Sunday, August 15, 2010
To those who know me well, I'm a big fan of mangas. I've started reading them around when I was 14 (peak of my anime fanaticism) and this hobby sticks around even until now. Now that I've started uni, I barely have time (nor the appetite) to read novels anymore. I probably end up reading what I'm supposed to study so mangas are perfect for my leisure-reading cravings. You can just enjoy the art and they're very easy on the eyes.

About 2 weeks ago I stumbled upon this series while going through my daily website checks (Mangatraders FTW!) and the summary of this manga got me interested. Usually I would find these type of summaries very cliché but it has been a long time since I've read any mangas so I decided to give it a shot. And I'm glad I did.

Summary from Mangatraders:

Devastated by the loss of her parents, 18-year-old Chouko loses her will to live. After staying with several different relatives, she settles in with a handsome young writer named Kei and finds solace in tending to the flower garden. Kei's a solitary person who doesn't quite know how to deal with this emotional young woman, but Chouko's dedication eventually leads him to accept her presence. Will their mutual affection grow into something more?


A fair warning though, this manga can get so angsty that it can be quite unbearable. I read it during "that time of the month" so it totally works for me. I mean, I cried man. So the hormones might cloud my judgement at the time but I have to give props to the subtle romance that develops between Kei and Chouko. Nothing too forceful and the big age-gap is yummy(!) in my opinion. Makes you feel dating a guy 12 years older than you totally not awkward and acceptable. I mean, it is acceptable but...it is awkward when you're that young.

I'm twenty and a guy who is 12 years older would be...32. Is that even legal? (=_=)

To be honest, towards the end of the plot just didn't make sense for me but it's good to know that it's a happy ending (HA! spoiled it for ya!) I suggest you read this when you're totally tengah emo about your marks or your life in general. You can totally dapat feel with this manga.

Basically, I enjoyed it.

Rating: 3.5/5


PS: Sorry that the fonts are all wonky in this post. Blogspot is being really gay at the moment.

0 comments: