Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Yang Safia On Saturday, September 11, 2010
For the first few pictures, I'm as clueless as you are since I was not awake yet at the time. Rique was so semangat that he woke up early just to take pictures. That's dedication for you.






Oh fancy. There was frost everywhere.



That's Adeline and me, getting ready for our Doubtful Sound cruise.





I distinctly remember this part because I found it so exciting when the cruise entered the mist. It reminded me of Enid Blyton's Famous Five scenes. Like how the kids suddenly discovers a mysterious lighthouse or something. Of course I was letting my imagination run wild and scared the shiz out of Adeline. Like how a ghost might pop out or we could get lost in the mist,etc.










The Giraffe Strip. Due to the heavy amount of rain that Fiordland gets everyday, the rain eventually causes a landslide on one of the mountains and voila (!) a landslide scar that looks like a giraffe!



To be honest, I'm not much of a scenery-lovin tourist, so I was pretty bored at some point of the trip. The views were amazing but my eyeballs just rolled to the back of my skull when the guide started talking about water generators. I know my parents would love listening to this but nope, not for me. I'm a more culture, museum going type of tourist.



A first look of Doubtful Sound! A sound occurs when a river/water pathway occurs between two mountains.


Waterfall


You don't know how many times I've fallen asleep on my blanket. Dah la I puasa summore, no sugar and it was freaking cold. SO yeah, that's why my face looked so bloated.


We were lucky enough to get a look at some of the animals in DS. Seals and a school of dolphins! No penguins though.



Konon comel face.

FAIL!







The whole trip was not all about the cruise. We actually get on and off the ship and get on a bus to look around the area. One of our final stops was at this underground generator thingy. I was too tired to pay attention and they were talking about mining so lagi lah I don't pay attention.



The trip pretty much took the whole day and by the end of it, I was pretty much relieved to get back on my own two feet. I needed a walk. And I was feeling ravenous and so we went to camwhore a bit at Lake Manapouri before iftar.

Adeline and Giant ME!


Back at the backpackers, Rique and Adeline took over the preparation for dinner while they let me rest. Wah, so nice. :D We had steamed veggies, honey-ed salmon and mashed potatoes. Very simple but soooo good!




And that's the end of Day 2! I'll just let you guys enjoy the 2 panorama that Rique took!


Toodles! ^_^

0 comments: