Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Yang Safia On Saturday, September 11, 2010
As you all know, this raya is a big change from my usual rayas. This is my first time being away from family and I had to celebrate it alone. It was all good but it was really hard for me to get into festive mode because of my assignments. So it wasn't much of raya (I didn't even hear the takbir because I KNOW I will cry and will be terribly homesick so I spared myself the pain lah) but I made an effort. Despite the ridiculous workload, I threw somewhat a makan2 (not an open house because it was really small and not everyone is invited or anything, just close friends) just to have that raya spirit.

Anna and Ben picked me up today and we went grocery shopping and after that Ben dropped us off at my place. So that we could start cooking DENG DENG and Nasi Impit.

I've never made nasi impit before and the first try was a major failure. I almost gave up on it when Anna asked me how it looked like. I described it to her and she said, "Oh, it's like making cheese huh? Only easier." Then Anna started making nasi impit. Like right then. And I was just standing there, waiting for her orders.

Yeah...the irony.



The chilled nasi impit. SEDAP!!


Fried beef strips. Just half way through the making of deng deng.


It's good to have such an enthusiastic cook!



We started cooking at 11Am and it went on until 6pm. Anna looked amazing in my baju kurung! So cute~! And Tim and Jie Ning who couldn't make it surprised me and Jie Ning got me oranges and chocolates!! Aww, so sweet la!


Anna and Jie Ning

Timster

Naomi and Sha

Just so you know, the deng deng and nasi impit were a HIT!! Daebak!


Natasya and Saila

The cutest mentor alive

Me and Sha

Adila~!

Baju kurung girls!

Mark said this is the Vice Presidents Shot! Hahaha

Big Helpers of the DAY!



Obviously how can I NOT have a picture with my partner in crime, Ms Bock!

Eryanie and Yang



Me and Chua

Wandi!

Kamil who looks so cute with the new haircut! Finally! :p

My personal favorite. Don't you think it looks like those old couple pictures of your parents if you black and white them? Sze Ying and Kamil!!
We were all shocked of how they looked surprisingly good together!

I'll continue with day 2 of GSR after this. Just wishing y'all a happy raya and maaf zahir dan batin!

Now back to essays. Cheers!

1 comments:

anom said...

safia.. i think u had quite a good raya celebration over there.. kira open house la tu.. ramainya kengkawan u..

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri, Maaf Zahir dan Batin..