Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Yang Safia On Thursday, May 17, 2012
This is a late update but University Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) did a NZ Uni Tour sometime around Easter break. Apparently every year they will for surely drop by Otago Uni to look around basically. I was part of the welcoming committee seeing that I am the current President of Malaysian Student Association (MSC) in Dunedin (so got to show face la) and I was just there to help my fellow OMSA committee friends. There were people from UMNO club as well and well, we have Alia! Hahaha!

To be honest I was kind of excited that UTM is coming because both of my parents graduated there. And the batch that came to visit are from the Physics Department and whaddaya know, my mum's a physics major. So the connection was there.


A bunch of us were waiting for them to arrive so we camwhore a bit.



Me and Alia in front of the Otago Uni sign. Everyday I walk past this sign and there will always be a tourist bus parked in front of it and people will take pictures. It just doesn't make sense that I don't have a picture in front of it as well. Haha!



Kah Yenn and Alia




Head of UTM Physics Department, Dr Rahim



UTM Students!


Kamil and the ladies from International Office



The welcoming committee ended up sitting in for the Physics lecture. All I heard was noise la. I dont understand a thing!



OOoooh~! It was a novelty experience for us too because we've never been to the Physics Department. 



This lady is the Head of Physics Department. Her Irish accent is soooooooooo cute!



The complitementary clocktower shot. Yeah, see how I just tower everyone. *facepalms* 



Autumn is definitely here.



One last shot of me with Dr Rahim, his wife (a Lecturer from Maths Department) and the ladies from International Office.

0 comments: