Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Yang Safia On Saturday, May 1, 2010
TINZ stands for This Is New Zealand and it is a term introduced by Christina, Head of Toroa. She told me this last night, when I was called to see her. Mind you, I wasn't in any trouble just that she wanted to see me how I was doing. I admit, this week is one helluva ride for me because I was soooo bummed from the whole failing thing. Anyhow, this post is actually a list of things I noticed that you can only find in New Zealand (or any other country that's not Malaysia la I guess).

Things that can only happen in NZ:

1. People write ads or messages on roads with chalk!

2. Supermarkets here have an optional checkout counter where you can check out things yourself!

3. Apparently you dont have to weigh your apples or whatever, you can just put it in a bag and still they can check out it for you. (in supermarkets)

4. They provide clips for you to tie your plastic bag that you put your apples, carrots, etc in. I find this is a such a waste of plastic since whats so hard to tie those plastics?!

5. The traffic system here is very weird. The cue for the car to move is the same as the cue for you to walk. Funnily though, the cars will wait for you to cross.

6.you can see old ladies (80-sumthings) swear on the street but they can be so sweet at the same time.

7. i find this very odd. PEOPLE HERE LIKE TO WALK!

8. healthy food is the cheaper option. (i notice in breads la)

9.girls here wear barely there clothes in below 5 temperatures!

10. getting a smaller room is actually a good thing.


*One of the many pictures Syera spam my skype with. Yes Syera, you and Paul look very cute together. And I will surely visit you guys in Germany...kalau aku ada duit la. (=_=) But for now woman, dream on~! You guys focus dulu on becoming lawyers and then bila dah power, boleh la represent me if I get into any trouble... hehe. And then, in 2016 or something bila you guys buat wedding toast, jangan lupa who got you guys together...ME!

Since I've uploaded this picture up, now I can delete the one in my lappy without feeling like a bad person or something!

Till the, bye!

PS: i'm done with my hamlet essay!!

0 comments: