Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Yang Safia On Thursday, January 13, 2011
Last Sunday my dad was invited to give a talk at (i'm guessing its annual) iluvislam.com's staff meeting. Curious, I decided to follow him and pretty much spent my whole Sunday at this mosque in Titiwangsa. Thing is, my dad owns this motivational program and a couple of corporate management programs and since it's going to become my family's business, I feel that I should learn the trade while I'm still here.


We were waiting for the guys who were going to help us set up and since we were early...we camwhored. In a mosque. (There are more pictures of us, it's just that due to my recent deactivation of FB my source of picture ripping is limited.)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>V My fail moment as the photographer.


My not-so-holy head shot


Pretty much my role on that day was to snap a couple of pictures (which are not even that great) and as an observer. I admit, I learned a lot.

My dad is freakin serious when it comes to his work. He drives me crazy most of the time when it comes to this but that day, I learned to appreciate his work.


Mon papa in action




iluvislam.com is headed by this amazingly inspirational guy named Imran. And damn, he's only 23-years old. By the end of the day, he left me in awe and green with envy. And I thought I'm the most ambitious person I will ever know. His vision for iluvislam.com is somewhat of a wishful thinking for me because I can never imagine contributing something so major to the muslim community. Now I'm not the most religious person ever, in fact I'm quite aloof about it (>_<) but Imran and iluvislam.com made me realize that I should start thinking on how to become a better muslim. The process is going to be slow but with time and effort (Ya Allah, I need your strength for this!) I'm sure I'm going to make it. Insyallah.

Anyways, I'm excited just to be in the same room with all of these enthusiastic young people who just want to do good for the world. I may not be interested to become a volunteer yet but I will surely be observing iluvislam.com and see it blossom into a global media of choice.


Imran (guy holding paper) and one of iluvislam.com's staff discussing about their goals in 2011.




I remembered Imran said something about making iluvislam.com more appealing (and somewhat cool) to the public and I can't help but think, "Oh damn, that's not going to work. There's no way it's going to happen!" but after listening to his plans and the enthusiasm among the staff and volunteers, I just hope they'll prove me wrong.

Whatever it is, it was an inspirational Sunday for me. Good luck to iluvislam.com and I'll be watching. :)

0 comments: