Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Yang Safia On Tuesday, September 20, 2011
We had the Mahsuri and Intenational Cultural Night after/appreciation party roughly about two weeks after the show. My whole concept for the night was to just sit back and relax while watching the show (edited by our Mahsuri's official media officers) together. I love to see the cast's reaction from watching something that we have worked on for the past 6 months together.

And yeah, we had an abundance of good Malaysian food on hand so that was amazing!

The thing was, I went through a period of post-Mahsuri depression and I missed seeing my actors' faces. I missed having a reason to see them and just hang out although it is kind of hard to shed off the director role after all of this. (I try being more like a friend now. I really do. :'D ) I guess that's why I love doing theatre because you get to work with a group of people (with and without problems) and work towards this common goal. I like this concept very much. In a way, it's a very family-like situation and out of all the groups I worked with on this project, the actors are the closest to me. I see them every week for the past 6 months so to stop seeing them suddenly was...a shock for me.

That's part of the reason why I wanted to have this party because I was turning into such a corn ball. I missed them! :(


Me and Eric. Ignore Jie Ning. =_=


Chris! Don't be surprised if this guy starts speaking in Malay to you because he CAN! Awesome actor!


Danny (lighting guy) was um...having fun by himself with the pillows. Haha!


My Diva No.2 - Zariq. My very own bruno mars! He's one of the lead singers for Mahsuri.


Hafiz and Khairah (dancer)


From left: Eric, Me, Kaidi and Loh!


Some cast love. This is the type of naughtiness I had to deal with every rehearsal with the actors. The majority of my actors are guys and my god, they can be children sometimes. They would literally play tag and run around the studio. They caused me to pull my hair numerous times but never fail to make me smile. :)


Jane and Diva No. 1 - Fadzrel. He's one of my divas for Mahsuri. His deep soulful voice made Anuar Zain's Lelaki Ini his own.


Me and Sarah (Mahsuri!). She surprises me with her retardness constantly but her professionalism is...amazing.


Michelle Vincent. Beautiful girl with a beautiful voice! She's one of my lead singers as well.


Aaron!!


The OMSA committee was supportive as always. I get the feeling they knew it was kinda my night so they ended up organizing the whole thing! So NICE! Imran Fauzi and Jin Lin Wong, you guys are awesome! Despite all the shit I say/give you guys sometimes. :P





Mahsuri on big screen


Exactly how I imagined it to be :)


0 comments: