Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Yang Safia On Sunday, September 4, 2011

I woke up with HOPE that the dendengs this year will be a success. I've never cooked it while fasting so I'm a bit worried. Hence, I'm relying on apek and amoi to taste it for me.


We prepared the ingredients the day before so the whole cooking process was chill. I didnt want to get sentimental over this raya so Tim played his Nicki Manaj playlist while we cooked. Haha. The dude is into Nicki Manaj so much it was...shocking.


Amoi showing one of her rare smiles. :P

The ever happy apek


After boiling the beefs and setting aside the stock, we're marinading them with sweet soy sauce.




Dunedin has been awesome lately. I think we've finally gotten out of our winter so spring is coming and my god, the days are so sunny! And surprisingly hot sometimes. I LOVE SUNSHINE! This is a view from my balcony.


Always assuming the role of "pengarah" (director), I direct lah. With the cooking.



Hammering the fried (marinated) beef to soften them up before cooking them again.



Time to eat!!! We found A&W rootbeer at this Asian shop and we got a bit excited. Iftar time!




We burned our tongues. Turned out that I cant trust apek and amoi in tasting because my god, the dendeng is H.O.T!! Of course the finger pointing turned to me because I was the head chef but this blog post is my space so I'm telling this story in my own interpretation!! >_> I was a bit generous with the blended cili kering....but generous is good! I want more flava!

I blame JIE NING for saying it's already nice and TIM for saying it's already sweet! Hence, I put more chili coz I need to balance the flavour wat!

Anyways, this is the least bit of raya stuff I'm involved with this year because the next day we're off to Queenstown!

I ski-ed on pagi raya. Like a total badass.

But that's another story. ;)

0 comments: