Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Yang Safia On Thursday, September 22, 2011
So this literally happened about 3 hours ago. I rushed home right after the event+dinner to edit and write this post! Ahem. Let's start.

The spring air was cool and the flowers are looking more fabulous than ever. It had been really cold these past few days despite the sun. But the evening was just...perfect.

The Golds Awards is this highly prestigious event where the University honour students and clubs that have contributed to the arts and culture in Otago. OMSA got to be the finalist of this year's Society of the Year award for the third time running. We won the title last year so we were stoked to become a finalist again.

SO yeah....beautiful spring evening.


Cherry blossoms everywhereeeeeeee and what's waiting under the tree?


TWO CUTE GUYS! Haha!

Imran and Mark won the individual award due to their contribution to arts and culture scene here. They 100% deserved it! I'm so happy for you guys! :'D



From left: Imran and Mark all schnazzy in their suits to receive their award!


Me and Imran

The whole OMSA executives were there at the formal event. Not just to support these two but we just want to know who wins the club title!



The event was held in the council's chamber at the Clocktower. Pretty schmancy event, pretty much all the important people were there. God. One thing you should know about me is that I.ABSOLUTELY.HATE.FORMAL.EVENTS like this. Take me to a formal dinner...um yeah, I rather stay at home. Seriously.


Me and Mark!!



Ms Chua Yee Min - OMSA's Secretary II


Shaz! One of my good friends. I'm sure you've seen her around this blog!


ARGHHH JIN LIN!!! *fangirl scream* I don't know what but I love working with him!! He's OMSA's treasurer so he advices me on money stuff. SO yeah. Anybody who gives me worthwhile advices are good in my book.




*SIGH* I know. I need to have a close up picture of myself because I am that vain. Well...I maybe vain as a person but I do not like being in front of the camera! Video-wise yes but I HATE TAKING PICTURES!

Yes, Yang. We totally believed you...after how many pictures of yourself plastered in this post!


In front of the entrance of the Clocktower


So we finally part our ways and my god, I was hungry. I didn't exactly had lunch and I thought it was going to be a dinner thingy but no, they put us in a room (which we have to stand btw!) for two hours without proper dinner! LOL. I sound like one of those cheapskate people BUT I have a complaint that I need to make!

The finger food in that room was AMAZING but how come the waiters never come to me?! I ASK YOU WHY?!! (And don't you dare say because I'm fat and they're trying to help me lose weight because I will murder you...)

SO yeah...spring evening. I've been eyeing those cherry blossom trees for weeks now and how I want to pose with them. But I'm always in my ugly clothes (or looking a lot less cute) when I see them so...what to do? Also it's kind of pathetic to camwhore all by yourself and I'm kinda shy to ask my friends to take pictures for me. IT'S COZ I HATE POSING OK! >_<

But um...yeah. Enjoy my night spring collection photos.

PS: The 2nd picture is my favourite! I wanted to make it my FB display picture but I think that will scare off any potential suitors so...I chose the last one instead. =_=




0 comments: