Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Yang Safia On Wednesday, January 18, 2012


Synopsis taken from Goodreads.com:

The undead can really screw up your senior year ... 

Marrying a vampire definitely doesn’t fit into Jessica Packwood’s senior year “get-a-life” plan. But then a bizarre (and incredibly hot) new exchange student named Lucius Vladescu shows up, claiming that Jessica is a Romanian vampire princess by birth—and he’s her long-lost fiancé. Armed with newfound confidence and a copy of Growing Up Undead: A Teen Vampire’s Guide to Dating, Health, and Emotions, Jessica makes a dramatic transition from average American teenager to glam European vampire princess. But when a devious cheerleader sets her sights on Lucius, Jess finds herself fighting to win back her wayward prince, stop a global vampire war—and save Lucius’s soul from eternal destruction.




I don't know why I read this book in the first place. I must have run out on things to read lately. I was surprised that I actually made it to the end really. Anyway I enjoyed the book purely because of the chemistry between Jessica and Lucian. I was at a point addicted to their exchanged banters about each other. Obviously Lucian has this mysterious charm that makes any girl weak at the knees (typical but nevertheless enjoyable). So that's the major reason why I stuck to the end.

I can't really say much about the book because it has no extraordinary factor that is worth discussing. I would say this though, I would say Fantaskey has a knack for creating pretty interesting characters. There are a lot of problems with this book but her ability to create a some what interesting set of characters (I'm talking the main characters, not the secondary ones) gives her work a redeeming quality.

My main problem with this novel is Fantaskey's writing. It's obvious that JGDDS is her first novel because the writing is quite...amateur-ish (CHECK OUT THE TITLE FOR GOD SAKE!). The story is better published on Fictionpress.com rather than becoming a paperback novel. She obviously has a lot of room for improvement and I'm sure with her knack for creating mysterious heroes and amusing heroines, her works will be celebrated on the commercial market.

She reminds me a bit like Meg Cabot but she seriously needs to work on her problem spots in order to come up with a well-rounded novel.

Now would I read the rest of the series?

No.

But I would like to give Jekel Loves Hyde a shot. Apparently it's a much darker read so I would love to see how she has grown.



Rating: 3 out of 5

0 comments: