Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Yang Safia On Monday, September 17, 2012

I need to record this.

 As the title suggests, I'm down to my last month as an undergraduate. It feels very surreal actually. I'm swamped with assignments but oddly enough it's not really stressing me out. Like most people I'm really familiar with that feeling where you're so close to the end and you're so busy with finishing up all your projects and in your head you're like, "I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS TO BE OVER!" I know I was like that back in high school but not so much right now.

So what did I do today?

I went to class. I had a two hour lecture of which I totally spaced out. Advanced TESOL man. It's one of those classes that you don't have to think much. At least not in the nearest FUTURE!!! But I was really concerned about my project that's due in a week. After the lecture I went straight to my Greek Mythology lecture which is just opposite my Advanced TESOL lecture. That was just an hour and it was chill. I was trying not to think about the Greek test in a week as well. Right after that, I went to grab lunch and went to see my lecturer to talk about my project. Then I went to grab coffee to take for Digital Lit's lecture. The lecture was awesome as usual. The class debated about a virtual rape case, quite heatedly.

At this point, my room is half packed away in boxes. I'm quite excited to go home but at the same time, I'm going to miss my life here. The freedom to do anything whenever I want. No worry in the world except things concerning myself. For the past three years, I was fortunate to be as selfish as possible. I worked on myself without a concern in the world. But I really do feel it's time to go home because for how long can you live alone? I feel like my time is slowly running out to spend time with my family especially with my parents so...home is where I need to be.

I'm savouring everything right now. I'm going to miss New Zealand badly. Besides people have kept asking me when I'm coming back. And all I can say now is "Not in the near future."

Maybe I could be like this lady my mother met on a plane on the way back to Malaysia where she visited NZ after 30 years. I could visit NZ again and possibly show my future children how I lived as an undergraduate. That would be amazing.

0 comments: