Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Yang Safia On Tuesday, May 12, 2009

It is the title of the manga (dunno what manga is? where have you been?!) I've been reading for the past couple of days. It consists of 13 volumes of which I devoured all in um, 3 days.

I'm amazed how i can be such an otaku sometimes! :)

So Koukou Debut means High School Debut.

What is it about? (It sounds like a typical shoujo plot and I've come across this manga loads of time before I actually picked it up (ok more like downloaded it) and start devouring)
In middle school, Haruna was such a sports freak that she never paid attention to being a feminine girl although she's very into shoujo manga and romances. Now that she's in high school, her goal is to fall in love. However, all the magazines and fashion tips she got from media are not exactly helping her; resulting her looking like a freak. Imagine combining all the good stuff you see in mags and wear it all at once. Disaster ait? So she went to this public place where supposedly you can get hit on by guys and found herself practically ignored. Until she met this one guy who helped her retrive her shoe (i cant remember why. haha). She noticed that he's hot and everything but the guy looked uninterested and commented that she looked like a freak wearing something like that in public. Then Haruna vowed that if she ever sees that guy again, she wants him to be her coach. And guess what, that guy turned out to be her senior at high school. His name, Yoh. A few events later, Yoh agreed to coach her and his only rule is, "Don't fall in love with me. I hate girls."

I was really bored that day so I gave the series a shot lah. Until I found myself getting addicted to it. =_=

I really like the plot because somehow, it's very realistic how the mangaka portray a life of a couple. It's not dramatic to the point its so annoying like you know when you watch korean soaps and you go, "My GOD just tell the damn guy you didnt do it lah!!! SO easy!!!" Minus the whole misunderstanding shit. I love Yoh and Haruna (especially Haruna) because they are so straightforward, not too much lah to the point there's no that suspense element.


Example:

Scene where Haruna confesses to Yoh:






If its a typical drama, it prolly go on and on before she actually confensses. For koukou debut. it only happened in a couple of pages. Within the same volume!!!

The main reason i love it is because how i can relate to most of the problems faced by Yoh and Haruna (am i talking from experience? lol ;p) So yeah, in real life...little problems like a simple misunderstanding about spending extracurricular activities with (just so it happens) another girl does not mean it should last up to several volumes. Resulting in a very emotional feud between the couple. No. No. No. :)

I mean, lets say you tak puas hati about something, dont tell me you dont discuss it with someone? =_= Talk about it. For sho its going to fix the problem.

Since when im Dr Phil?

Anyways, the manga scans I posted up there are not mine and a huge thanks to the scanlanting group who translated it for the mass.

They deserve a noble prize.

For world peace.

Ta! Gotta study for my MUET test tomorrow.

0 comments: