Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Yang Safia On Thursday, January 7, 2010

DAMN IT'S GOOD! And that means a lot coming from me because this book is really waaaaay out of my usual genre. I regretted the fact that it took me a long time to pick up this book despite knowing about it a long time ago. Okay, actually I've been waiting for the book to come to Malaysia and when it did, I had this "blargh" moment and then appeared the second book (and I think the third is coming out) when I decided to give a shot.

I mean, this book got rave reviews from critics and it even got forewords by amazing authors like Stephen King. I mean come on, you just published your first novel and a literary figure happens to love your work....THAT IS BIG. (Okay, actually it's not her first novel. I just checked. But screw it, S. King loves your work! That is the fo shizzle man!)

Now I know why all these people like Stephenie Meyer and Rick Riordan said how this book kept them all night because you HAVE to know what happens next and it did! It kept me all night reading it. And now I HAVE to get the second book. And that means blowing another RM50. *sighs*

I need to know what happened to Katniss now the Capitol wants to take her down. And what will happen to her relationship with Peeta? The boy with the bread. And Gale! Hot Gale!

I love Katniss. Despite her lack of emotional quotient, you can't help but not hate her because she's a survivor. And I just admire her. Because, if it was me; I can't even last a minute in the Hunger Games. Maybe because it's not my usual genre (or maybe because Suzanne Collins is one HECK of a writer), the story is quite unpredictable for me. And I just read an article that the movie is coming out in 2011!! OOOOOOOOOOOOH~! I'm so watching it.

SO if you love drama, action, suspense, politics and romance, you HAVE to read The Hunger Games.

Screw Twilight man, The Hunger Game is IT.

PS: My sister is reading Percy Jackson right now and it's taking her forever lah. The Hunger Games is thicker than the first book of PJ and I ordy finished it. Prolly, I'll just watch the movie rather than read the book. I mean, the guy who played PJ is H.O.T!

0 comments: