Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Yang Safia On Friday, April 23, 2010
I've been spending my whole Friday reading character discussions on Hamlet. It was interesting and yet mind boggling at the same time. On Thursday, my professor showed me a clip of Slings and Arrows, where one guy described Ophelia. And as corny as this sounds, it moved me and I totally understand now. I understood Ophelia's rationality and what drove her to madness. She's not a woman. She's just a child. A child can't simply make out the rationality out of all of this madness and it is simply logical why she did what she did.



Ophelia

Putting my whole fascination with Ophelia aside, Hamlet is quite a character. Even to this time, I still couldn't comprehend his actions and his mind. Scholars have described him as simply a man who couldn't make up his mind but then, at the same time; people described him as this man who has an Oedipus Complex. Which is really odd for me because I just couldn't see it. Yes, I've had a friend who explained to me but still...seriously?

Sometimes, I just wonder whether these people are just making things a big deal. But then again, that's what the study of literature is, I guess. Making things a big of a deal. (^__^)

So now, my own interpretation of Hamlet would be a man, who is immature, impulsive and indecisive. I have not yet come up with any of his good points...okay, maybe wary. I think that's good. Being wary...hmn.

Now, for something that's off topic~!

I have halal meat now! REJOICE!

0 comments: