Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Yang Safia On Monday, February 27, 2012
It's the first day of class here at Otago University! It was really sunny today and what an amazing weather to kick start our semester! Expect an influx of Dunedin-related posts coming your way...I'm already feeling nostalgic! I was surprise that it was Market Day today. Alia and I are thinking of opening a stall ourselves so that we could sell our stuff. Maybe the next Market Day. :)

I'll let the pictures do the talking this time. Note that all pictures were taken with my camera phone and none of these pictures are photoshopped! Yes, I must admit. New Zealand is THAT beautiful.

























On a different note, I'll just update you guys on the subjects I'm taking this semester. I dropped my Philosophy paper due to personal reasons also that I want to focus on my 300-level English papers. These two papers are quite heavy and I'm just happy I could spend more time with these two. After all I need to watch my grades if I'm going to apply for a Masters programme. So yeah, I spent my first day running around Dunedin looking for these books. It was hard because the lecturer needed really specific editions and translations for the books. The picture below is only a portion of novels I have to read for this semester. I'm going to continue my search tomorrow. That dog-eared book in the picture is actually my booklist. I was just sorting out my things when I took this picture.


My papers are Renaissance Literature and Victorian Literature. The nerd in me is just... REELING WITH EXCITEMENT! I even got shivers when the course refer to us as SENIOR UNDERGRADUATES! I'm so excited!

I don't want to jinx it but I feel this is going to be an awesome semester!


Books I'm currently reading in class: Thomas More's Utopia and Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights. 



0 comments: