Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Yang Safia On Saturday, March 3, 2012
OMSA does this annual event where they welcome new and returning Malaysian students for the new school year. For the past two years, I have worked with OMSA for this event and finally, for my final year I get to be the one who enjoys the party. Also I was busy snapping away because I already feel nostalgic. Alia said I was being over dramatic because we just started but I told her, "Wait till your final year and you will know how it feels!" After all, OMSA has been such a big part of my life in Dunedin.













 Kamil, 2012's OMSA president giving his welcoming speech




Alia took over my job as Director of Malam Malaysia! This is her promoting the event and telling people about the audition details. It was so funny seeing her nervous before the speech. Very unlike Alia!

After the party ended, I stuck around to mingle with the committee members. Then I hung out with Alia and her BODs of Malam Malaysia at the Music Room.


Mark and Bell discussing music arrangements


Zaini, a good friend and returning choreographer, freestyling Zapin.

This week was awesome because not only I enjoyed my classes, I found some awesome books to add to my literature collection! I'm imagining this small library in my room back in Malaysia so that I could truly live the English professor life! Mood berangan ON!

After failing to find this book in Malaysia, I am super excited to finally get my hands on this book! Arghhh!! I can't wait to read it!! So excited!



One of the best reasons to live in Dunedin is their supply of super rare books. I found this leather bound Oxford edition of Tennyson's poems. This book is probably over 100 years old. It is sooo beautiful! I'm studying Tennyson for my Victorian Literature class and to be able to use this book is...exciting! It's so beautiful and full of history that I decided to take artsy pictures of it!







I cleaned my room and rearrange my books. The numbers keep on growing per semester and some books are hard to part with. I managed to sell most of the books from last semester because I hate the books. That includes most of my American Contemporary Literature books (I'm sorry, not a fan of this genre) and Joyce's Ulysses.



Part of my Shakespeare's collection





The only YA books I have with me


Assignments for my Victorian Literature class. I'm going to say this sarcastically...I'm not stressed.



The nest that I dwell in

0 comments: