Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Yang Safia On Saturday, March 31, 2012
As you know, today the world celebrates Earth Hour where the whole world would turn off their lights (and everything power consuming) to save the Earth. Every year Dunedin would hold this event at the Octagon and this year is no different. Hafiz invited all of us to have a picnic under the stars and I have to say, it was nothing but amazing. The mood was great and honestly, nothing beats being under the stars with food and great company.

I even made new friends!

Just for your information, the Octagon is pretty much Dunedin's city square. Instead of being square, it's an octagon! It's where all the landmarks are and where all formal events are held at. 



The City Hall at night


Entertainment for the night. While all the lights are off, the band crooned some old and new songs. Mostly old. And notice there's a guy cycling next to the stage. He's cycling to generate electricity for the band. Pretty cool!




I thought it was going to be the five of us but more of our friends showed up! So we had this big picnic under the stars! :D



Mark



Alia and Jane



I was taking this self-shot when I accidentally captured Danny as well! Pretty sure he was in the middle of cracking a joke!



Some of the food tonight. That's the tuna pasta I cooked in the tupperware.



Hafiz, who baked a delicious chocolate cake.



One of the roads leading out of the Octagon



The band played some old classics and we pretty much had the place to ourselves since we were the only group who decided to have this picnic so...why not use the space to dance. Some of my friends who decided to dance.




Zariq and his sister, Syahira.



Jeff, Alia and Me



Some people watching the band






Shenanigans while walking home!




T'was a good night. Tomorrow I have to get up early because I sort of got dragged into (again) playing congkak for the Malaysian Traditional Games Exhibition. Maybe I'll snap up more pictures if I get the chance!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

You guys had a picnic for Earth Hour! This is awesome! Haha.
I don't even know when and which hour IS the Earth Hour. What an utterly ignorant earthling >__<

And oh yes, I love reading your blog so much, most probably due to the same interest we have towards BOOKSS!!! Yess!! (forgive me for being hyper, haha)

Oh yeah, I've linked your blog to mine. Is it okay with you? :)

Yang Safia said...

totally fine! haha glad you enjoyed my blog! i didnt even know yesterday was earth hour, like i said i sort of got dragged into it! XD