Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Yang Safia On Wednesday, June 16, 2010


I'm having one of those moments where I just want to drop whatever I'm doing, pack my bags and go somewhere to help people. I've always had this affinity to do this sort of thing and I'm sure most of you don't know this, but one of the reasons why I'm majoring in English is to have the ability to help people. Especially kids in fourth/fifth world countries who have no access to education. According to international organizations, according to my teacher; Gladys, you have to have a qualified certification for an ability like healing or teaching in order to get on board. People always say that it's easy to help but if you don't have the right capabilities, you might just be there but do nothing.

I envy this guy. He moved to Bangladesh and used the money he's been saving for an X-box 360 to help poverty there.

God, we need more young people like this.

Click on the youtube video and check out his other videos!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"People always say that it's easy to help but if you don't have the right capabilities, you might just be there but do nothing"... it's so true! we must always improve our knowledge and skills if we want to reach out others! I like ur writing, keep it up! :)

Yang Safia said...

thanks! :D