Pages

Labels

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Yang Safia On Tuesday, July 20, 2010
I think this is how I should introduce myself from now on...

Hello. My name is Yang Safia but you can call me Yang. Or Yeng. Because it does not really matter linguistically because you are correct either way. Although I would prefer you call me /Yang/. I'm a first year English major and apparently I can't write well enough to get myself an A. Or even an A- because I'll be happy either way. You can probably tell that I'm bitter about this and yes, it's a touchy subject. Ah yes, where was I...right, introducing myself.

I'm from Malaysia. Shah Alam to be exact but I'm sure you don't know where that is. I'm 20 this year and so far, I've been rocking my first year here in Otago despite the less-than-awesome exam results. I have a great group of friends here in Dunedin but it saddens me to death because most of them are leaving next year. I enjoy Shakespeare. I particularly think that I'm good at reading it...for a Malay. No, I'm not racist. Just highly critical of my own race. I enjoy being in the company of people that are different than me, culturally or linguistically because if we do get along; it makes me believe that the world can be a better place after all.

I can't ride bicycles by the way. Nor can I properly spell without spell check. I'm a snob, but if you actually get to know me; I'm pretty awesome. I'll make you laugh to the point you'll piss your pants off. If you haven't figure it out already, I'm quite crude. And a bit of a perv at that. That one, I blame my friends and my mum. *insert laugh here* But it's all in good fun. Recently I just found out that I'm an idealist. But with a good sense of realism and that I have to thank my mum. She's one of those people who you tell your "brilliant" ideas to and have it break into pieces in matter of seconds due to her sense of realism. I'm a lot like my dad. But then again, as I grow older, I think I'm a lot like my mum too.

I'm proud that I'm a decisive person. I'm ambitious too; that I have to give credit to my dad. Sometimes, I worry whether I will have all the time in the world to actually achieve all of my dreams. And at the same time, I worry whether I'll have time for my loved ones. I think I'm in love. (Okay, that is pretty much a contradiction to my first statement.)

I miss my family and friends. I miss my cat. I miss my car. I miss traffic jams. I miss hanging out with my siblings. I miss hanging out with my soul sisters.

I can't sleep.

...since I've been doing a lot of introductions lately.

0 comments: